Fire Protection and Life Safety Associate | Ohio | Tennessee | Florida
Osborn Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a full-time engineer in the Fire Protection & Life Safety Group. Desired experience is 3-7 years in the fire protection engineering industry or related field. Responsibilities for the position include preparation of engineering reports, drawings, and specifications associated with the application of building and fire codes and design of fire alarm and fire suppression systems for a variety of buildings, facilities, and occupancies, including healthcare, industrial, commercial, educational, and sports facilities. Locations include Cleveland, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Nashville, TN; Tampa, Florida; Orlando, FL; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) from an accredited engineering program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well with a team, including staff in other offices and regions
- Experience with application of codes and standards to design projects
- Experience with using AutoCAD/REVIT for design of fire suppression and fire alarm systems
- Conduct field work, including inspections of fire protection systems
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Experience reviewing contractor submittals
- Passed NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam or plans to take exam within 12 months of hire
Osborn Engineering has been in business more than 125 years and is Cleveland's oldest engineering firm. The company has grown nationally with offices in Ohio, Michigan, Florida, and Tennessee. It is an employee-owned company with established practices in all fields of engineering, including site/civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection & life safety. Competitive benefits packages. Career development plans are flexible and tailored toward each individual. Many opportunities for growth in the organization.
Interested parties shall send resume and cover letter to Scott Voelkerding, Director of Fire Protection and Life Safety, email@example.com.