The candidate would be strongly motivated, well organized, and show professional initiative. The applicant should be able to take ownership of assignments and perform well both independently and as part of the project team. The ideal candidate would have a strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements
- Develop air and water flows
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc) for all HVAC details
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment
- Meets with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education or Laboratory projects
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills
- Proactive and Collaborative team member
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all full-time employees.