Our Transportation Division is growing and we are seeking innovative, self-motivated, and highly skilled Roadway/Highway Engineers to work out of our multiple Ohio Offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Transportation project delivery
- PE License in the State of Ohio
- ODOT Prequalification’s preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude. The successful candidate should be self-directed yet a team player, and have a focus on quality, integrity, and success.
- Experience/knowledge of AASHTO and ODOT Design Criteria
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with OpenRoads Designer, Microstation, Geopak, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Continuous education and training on the job is required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Active team member performing roadway designs for various types of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of Ohio.
- Perform all aspects of roadway/highway design, including horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage design, maintenance of traffic, typical sections, cross sections, and pavement marking and signing.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design plans, quantities, specifications, and probable construction cost estimates.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and procedures.
- Oversee entry-level engineer design activities
- May have occasional client and/or sub-consultant contact regarding current design projects.
- May require periodic field construction observation and responding to Request for Information during construction phase.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment: The job requires long periods of sitting and working in an office environment with a computer. Occasional visits to project sites may include climbing and walking over rough terrain. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally required to wear safety helmets and safety glasses.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, although the individual can be exposed to loud noise situations occasionally. While performing site visits, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
Competitive benefits package includes profit sharing and a 9/80 work schedule.
Interested candidates can apply below or email their resume to HR@osborn-eng.com.