Civil Manager | Deerfield Beach, FL | Orlando, FL
Osborn Engineering is seeking a senior level Civil Manager for our Deerfield Beach or Orlando office. The successful candidate will have 15+ years’ experience in the planning, design, development, and construction phases of a variety of projects types. Civil Managers report directly to the Director of Civil Engineering and will work closely with the directors, managers, and engineering staff to ensure that our client’s needs and expectations are exceeded. Main responsibilities include business development, staff management, client management, civil project management, project design, and plan preparation. Growth in design and leadership ability, dependability, and organizational skills will lead to future advancement.
Types of projects include, but are not limited to; master planning, site development, utility improvements, roadway improvements, stormwater management, grading, subdivisions, institutional campus improvements, coastal engineering, and sports fields design. Must be able to work independently to grow Civil operations in the area driving business and building a collaborative team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- PE License
- 10 to 15 years’ design experience
- Analysis software experience (sewer, water, stormwater, etc.)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Civil3D, Map3D, GIS, and/or BIM (plus)
- Ability to promote growth
- Ability to coordinate work on projects within a multi-disciplinary team with minimal oversight
- Ability to work on and manage several projects concurrently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Envision client understanding of projects and development of a Scope of Services based on that understanding.
- Prepare contract proposals and project budgets.
- Maintain positive client and regulatory agency relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of regional regulatory agencies.
- Manage, design, develop, create, and maintain small through large-scale projects, of differing complexities.
- Manage projects with multi-discipline engineering staff as well as manage the civil component staff of larger multi-disciplined engineering projects within Osborn.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients and in-house staff.
- Monitor progress and compile project status reports.
- Provide advice and creatively resolve any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Responsible for budget tracking, cost control and report preparation.
- Responsible for effective shop drawing reviews and construction observation by staff.
- Mentor staff and promote a positive work culture.
- Direct the work efforts of engineers, designers, and CAD drafters.
We can offer you a challenging career in our emerging Florida regional offices for a well-established and diverse 127-year-old consulting firm.
Attractive profit sharing and stock ownership programs supplement our competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates can apply below or email their resume to HR@osborn-eng.com.