Transportation Engineer | Akron, OH | Cleveland, OH | Columbus, OH | Florida - Multiple Locations
Our Infrastructure/Transportation group is seeking Transportation Engineers in multiple office locations. Transportation Engineers handle plans, designs, and direct engineering projects within budget and schedule and to high quality standards. They are able to design and apply ODOT and/or various city standards and specifications, including but not limited to, Location and Design Manual, the Traffic Engineering Manual; Standard Construction Drawings and other design documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 4-7 years related experience
- PE License in the State of Ohio and/or Florida or ability to obtain PE License in six months
- Strong verbal and written communication skills • Experience/knowledge of AASHTO, ODOT Design Criteria, and FDOT Design Criteria
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microstation, and Geopak. Experience in Open Roads a plus.
- Continuous studying and training on the job is required.
- Active team member working under the direct supervision of our Senior Project Engineers and Project Manager to design and develop various types of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of Ohio and Florida.
- Develop horizontal and vertical roadway/highway alignments, design modelling, and engineering calculations.
- Perform all aspects of roadway/highway design, including drainage design, maintenance of traffic, pavement marking/striping and signing.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design plans, quantities, specifications, and probably construction cost estimates.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and procedures.
- May have occasional client and/or sub-consultant contact regarding current design projects.
- May require periodic field construction observation and responding to Request for Information during construction phase